
Well, I have finally severed the last tie I had with Wal-Mart. I cashed out my 401K/Profit Sharing so we could have a down payment for a house. I know, you're thinking what a horrible time to sell and yes, it wasn't ideal but I have lost quite a bit in just the last couple of months so maybe it's good to pull it out now, before I lose anymore. It sucks because I will incur all those taxes and penalties but hey, I guess you can think of it like free money anyways. They didn't have to give me a retirement account but I sure did put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into that money. It did make me kind of sad to sell it seeing how I put in almost 13 years with the company and I do kind of miss Wal-Mart (I know, I'm crazy) but I think I got out at a good time, things just weren't quite the same when I left as when I started. So to all you diligent Wal-Mart Associates out there...keep pluggin away and thanks for what you do to make our lives easier!!








3 comments:
I know how you feel. I hit my 10 year mark in October. I do not miss it as much, since I still hear all about it everyday when Owen comes home. But I really miss the people, from Rexburg and Meridian both. What a wonderful Walmart family Owen and I have.
Hey Shannon. I don't know if you remember me but I recognized your name on Linda's blog. We worked together at the Rexburg walmart, I know we didn't know each other super well but I thought I would say hi.
And congrats on the house, I love house shopping, I am addicted to the show House Hunters:) I can't wait til ours sells so we can look. and as far as being out in the boonies..it's not that far. When we lived in boise our house was clear down Five Mile about a mile clear past Lake Hazel!
ps. your kids are so cute. It must be a blast to have twins...I am so jealous:)
Post a Comment