We went to Rexburg to see my family since Ben had extra days off and had lots of fun. We left Friday after Ben got off work and a trip that normally would take about 5 hours took 6 1/2 because there had been a fire in the median on the freeway. We finally got there about 10:30 and put the kids to bed, then ended up putting them in bed with us, because they kept waking up crying. I know, not good for the sleep training but you do what you have to. On Saturday, my friend Linda called me in the morning to see if I wanted to go see Momma Mia with her, and luckily Ben and my mom agreed to watch the kids so I could. We had so much fun, I love ABBA so I sang along to all of the songs in the movie (there were only 2 other people there). Later that afternoon/evening Ben took me to Outback for my belated birthday dinner and then we stopped by to see my aunt, and then drove by our old house in Ririe. I sure do miss that house and it doesn't look much different from when we were there, needs a paint job though! On Sunday we went to church and then later that evening, all (well, most) of my aunts, uncles came over to my Grandma's where we had a bbq with hamburgers and then my uncle cooked Dutch Oven Potatoes (yummy!). On Monday my brother decided to go fishing with his family so we took a spur of the moment drive and went and had a picnic at Teardrop Lake. It was very pretty and a balmy 45 degrees!! We weren't exactly prepared for that cold of weather so we spent a lot of time in the car. It was really cool though because when we got there there was a mist just above the lake, I tried to take pics but you couldn't see it too well. We took our time coming home today and stopped to visit my friend Rob in Jerome on the way home. All in all, a great weekend!

Ben, Anthony, and Emily trying to stay warm!

Teardrop Lake (you can sort of see the mist)








2 comments:
I'm so glad we went! I had a great time too! I'm glad you went on the picnic too. Your Grandma is just the cutest!
It sounds like it was a success! :D
I'm so sorry that we couldn't connect! It would've been so fun to see you and the kiddo's!
Next time!!!
Post a Comment