Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Time Out


This weekend my mom and my aunt Louise came down to visit us and go to Time Out for Women. For those who don't know what that is, it is a conference put together by members of my church to help uplift and edify the women of the LDS church. It was a wonderful experience and very fun. It was nice to be able to leave for a day and hear wonderful messages. There were many different topics but there really seemed to be one central theme: that our Heavenly Father loves us and wants up to be happy and blessed. There were several different speakers and musical numbers and it was really fun, there was humor mixed in with the spiritual aspect. One experience that was given by one of the speakers was when she and several friends got together and decided that they could demand a standing ovation from the group at any time, all they had to do was stand up and say I need a standing ovation. She told about how special and appreciated that made each of the friends feel. She explained how they continue it to this day and even use their computers to do it via email and instant message. She then challenged us to do the same thing in our families. I haven't yet explained or demanded it of Ben but who knows, maybe if the time is right I will. I really appreciate experiences like this that give me the opportunity to be reminded of the importance of my faith and to be reminded that I am a daughter of God, who loves me! After the conference we went to the mall, where I spent money I probably shouldn't have but it was on the kids and the items were on sale so I don't feel too guilty. After our visit to the mall we went to dinner at Olive Garden. I haven't been to Olive Garden since the day I found out I was having twins so it was really fun. Ben stayed with the kids all day and it was nice to know that they have a great dad that could do it! They have been fussy because they caught a cold and have noses that are running like faucets but he said they were pretty good. It was nice to spend the day away but I did miss my little rugrats and was glad to get home to them (even though Anthony was asleep when I got home). I just wanted to share this fun day with you and hope that someday in the future you all get to have an experience like this!

P.S. Here is a link in case you want to check it out: http://deseretbook.com/time-out/

2 comments:

J and D said...

LOL.... um... hmmmm.
It sounds like it was so much fun.
Shannon, I have to tell you something funny... Just as I was about to write my comment, about how wonderful it all sounded and how great it must've been to be edified, etc., the playlist played Alanis Morisette's "I'm a B****" song. (Now I'm laughing so hard tears are about to fall)
Timing. *sigh*
Oh. Anyway, it sounded nice.
I'm gonna have to talk to you later... hehehehehehe.

Linda Gibbs said...

Too funny Darla!
Yea BEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is so awesome! I'm glad you had such a great time and I soooo Wish I could've gotten to go. Next Year!!