
Okay, so I'm sure you have all heard of the Twilight series of books by now and that many of you have read them. I wasn't sure if I was going to read them or not because I thought, yea, I need to get hooked on just one more thing! My mother-in-law had read the first book for her book club and told me that I would love it but I still held off. My aunt asked me to read the first one and tell her if she should also read it so I caved and guess what...I'm hooked! It was a pretty fast and easy read and took a little bit to get into but once I got into it, I couldn't put it down, you know how I am with the sci-fi/fantasy stuff. Now I am going to have to go and probably buy the next book because I checked at the library and they have 3 copies of the second book with about 60 holds. I think that it would be forever until I got to check it out and it will probably be just as easy to go and buy the next one. Ben heard one guy at church a couple of weeks ago commenting that if the sisters in the ward read their scriptures half as much as they read those vampire books our ward would be in great shape. Maybe I had better set a goal that if I read 15 min of scriptures, I can read 15 of vampire books!








4 comments:
Twilight is great! I can't believe it took my sci fi loving friend this long to get hooked. They are worth the buy - your kids can read them when they are teens, too. The movie comes out late November. We're sooo excited.
Ok. I haven't caved yet. Nope! Haven't read it yet. When I was I Utah, I asked my sister in law and some friends if I should just wait for the movie. There was a collective gasp and they all screamed, "NO!" I wasn't aware it would be sacrilige to even suggest. I will read them, just haven't done it yet.
Ha Ha, you should find out what that guy's vice is and make a comparison to the scriptures for him. :) I guess there's some truth to it. President Hinkley promised that if we were dilligent in studying the scriptures that it would turn into a love-affair with the word of God. I look forward to that day. But for now, enjoy you're awesome book, and for heaven's sake, just go buy the darn thing! Then you can loan it out when you're finished and it will be like service. Bonus!
That's so funny. I wonder if we could say the same about stuff like football games- "If the guys in this ward would spend 1/2 the time reading scriptures that they do watching football..." LOL
I know, I know. It's true, we ALL could be better.
I haven't read them yet, but TONS of people have recommended them... It must be some serious good reading.:D
Post a Comment