Our Family
Thursday, November 6, 2008
What an election...
I am not really a politically active person, I know just enough to argue with my Democrat husband (yes, I'm Republican, sort of) but I really tried to research each candidate this year so I could make a sound decision. I have a confession...I really didn't feel good about any of them. It was sometimes hard to know what their beliefs were because there was so much mud-slinging going on ( at least here in Idaho) so who knew how to really vote. I did vote however and didn't necessarily stick to party lines with all of the candidates but voted for who, with my limited research, I believed would do the best. I kept telling Ben that if only we could combine some of McCain's ideas with some of Obama's ideas and put them into one person we could have one awesome candidate. I really am hoping that Obama is able to make some of the changes that he has proposed and that our wonderful country can somehow become unified again, I just hope it doesn't take another tragedy for that to happen. Anyhow, this has been my political rant and if you don't like it...good thing it's my blog, huh ;D!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Hey, I agree 100%! It came down to votin for the "lesser of the 2 evils". Not a great way to vote, but we weren't really given some great choices. I fear a little for the future, but I hold strong to the church leaders advice and try to be faithful. I think a few phophesies maybe fulfilled too. We just stay strong, and hold to the faith and our family! Sorry! ranted a little myself there!
The end!
I hate politics.
Post a Comment