Our Family
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Our Anniversary
Yesterday was Ben and I's anniversary, I can hardly believe it's been 9 years. Some times it feels like it can't hardly have been that long while other times it feels like we've been together forever! We had arranged for a couple in our ward to watch the kids for us, they have twin grandsons that are about 2 so I figured that they could probably handle it, so that we could go out to dinner. We were supposed to drop the kids off at 6:00 but I ended up going and picking Ben up at work so it was about 6:15 when we took them over. We gave a few instructions then took off and went to Jakers for dinner. It was nice being able to dress up and go somewhere, sit down, and not worry about if the kids were going to cry or worry about getting lots of stares because we are out with two babies. Usually when we "eat out" we just get take out and eat at home. After dinner we stopped at Hallmark so I could buy a card and then went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond so that we could buy our gift to each other...bed sheets. I know, pretty bad when your life has gotten down to buying sheets for each other for an anniversary but hey, we need them. We went and picked up the kids around 8:00 and were told that they did just great, not a lot of crying so hopefully that's true and it's good news to us that we can leave them with someone for a little while and not worry about the babies screaming the whole time we're gone. So that was the excitement that was our Anniversary. I'm going to post a picture on here that my mother-in-law just sent to me that was taken last Christmas when I was nice and fat since most of my friends and family didn't get to see it. It was about a month before Anthony and Emily made their appearance into the world so I was actually even bigger than this at the end!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
You are so cute! I still don't think you got that big for having 2 babies in there.
I'm glad you and Ben got to get out. I showed Steve the post and he said you guys need to come here and go out and leave the babies here. He is ssoooo baby hungry right now! We would love it! And don't worry. I wouldn't let my "twins" smother them with attention. HaHa! Right! we are serious about you coming to see us and let Steve see the babies.
Post a Comment