Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Houston, We Had a Problem

I jinxed myself a little bit by tooting my horn with the sleep thing. They do pretty well at night but we are working on naps and getting them to figure out that it is okay to lay down and that they can stay down for awhile. They can be sooo tired but then when I lay them down, they are wide awake. Hmmm, sounds familiar! We were having a problem at night that they would wake up and when I would go check on them they would have their legs stuck in the rails (especially Emily's little roly poly legs), the poor things. I had taken the bumper pads out because "they" said that when babies start moving around in the crib, you should take them out. Well, the bumpers are back in, so far no more stuck legs, now I just worry that they will lay against the bumper and smother themselves. I know, you can't be paranoid and be a parent or you will never get any peace in your life. Anthony is starting to get into the stage where he doesn't want me to leave him, I had a babysitter come over yesterday so I could go to the eye doctor and he screamed when I was getting ready to leave. Tonight I had Enrichment and he cried when I was leaving even though Ben was still home. Emily is okay so far, she just smiles whenever I tell her goodbye. Last Saturday I was out running around and stopped at Other Mothers (a second hand baby store) and they happened to have two Peg-Perego high chairs for $50 each. These high chairs are usually around $200 each so I thought we did pretty good. Anthony and Emily look so little in them but it makes it much easier to feed them their cereal and hopefully they will hold up until we don't need them anymore. That is about all that is happening in our little world at the moment so I guess I'll end with that.

Anthony & Emily in their new chairs

2 comments:

Linda Gibbs said...

I love their chairs!! It's great you found them at a price that's so affordable. Anthony will get over it, I promise. It's the guilt that us moms have to get over when we leave. Took me a couple years, and I still have a hard time leaving now and then. Those kids now how to work us! They may be young, but boy are they smart!! And it doesn't hurt that they are so adorable!

Cathy said...

Looks like Anthony doesn't have any trouble sleeping in the chair-how cute is that!!! We had Ross here this weekend-he is soooo cute and had him sitting up by himself. He is really close to crawling it will be fun to compare him with your two when we see you. Love you have a great Sunday-what's left of it