Our Family
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Poor Babies
I went to the gyno on tuesday for my annual exam and while I was there he suggested I have a DTP shot because there have been a few cases of whooping cough here or something (I think it was because he seemed disappointed that I didn't have any health problems. Anyways, I said okay, sure. Well...on wednesday, I thought I was going to die! I must have had a reaction to the shot because I felt like I had a major flu, nausea, chills, hot flashes, body aches, major headache all day, it SUCKED! Luckily the kids were good and just played in their exersaucers and the floor for most of the day. I have so much more sympathy for the kids now when they have to have shots, no wonder they are so miserable. We have to have shots again on Monday so you can bet that if they want to be held constantly for the next couple of days, they will be held! My arm still hurts too! On a better note, we are slowing getting on somewhat of a schedule, they don't sleep like they should but we are eating at pretty much the same time every day so now we can work on sleep. Anthony is such a stinker, he actually goes to bed pretty good at night but he woke up at 4:30 this morning and didn't want to go back to sleep. I took him into the living room because he kept waking Emmy up and put him in the swing so he stayed there for a few minutes then I ended up laying him next to me on the couch. I told him that I was going to sleep (I still wasn't feeling real great at this point) and he could stay up and play if he wanted to but he needed to do it quietly. I realize that he is only six months old and had no idea what I was saying but when I woke up 30 minutes later to check on him, he was asleep. He loves to wake up early but it's usually not until 6 or 7, he takes after Ben that way. Anyways, I am feeling better today in case you wondered and hope not to go through that again for a long while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment