
We had a great (and busy) weekend this holiday. My parents came over to spend it with us so we did lots of fun things. On Friday (the 4th), mom and I went shopping in the early afternoon then came home and everyone went to the pool. We have a pool in our little community so we went and Ben, and my mom and dad swam a little while until it got to crowded and the kids and I watched. When we got back, mom and I colored my hair, I had so much gray that it looked like I had highlights(I'm not kidding, either). The color we picked out was supposed to have just a "hint" of red but I think the gray must have really sucked up that red because it is a lot redder than I thought it would be. Anything is better than all that gray though. Later, we had a barbeque and grilled hamburgers, had salads, chips, the whole works. When we had gone shopping we left the kids home with Ben and my dad so we decided that they deserved an outing and kept the kids and sent them out. Mom and I took the kids into the backyard with a blanket and we all laid down and took a little nap. They like being outside, I wish it was a little cooler during the day when I am home alone so I could take them out but oh, well. We watched fireworks that people were lighting off around us when it got dark since we didn't really want to take the kids out anywhere. On Saturday we decided to go to the zoo since it was only supposed to be in the low 90's. It was more for us of course since Anthony and Emily didn't really get what was going on but they like being outside and don't mind the stroller so it was good. We also went to Costco to pick up a few things then came home. Ben and I went on a date that night since we had a couple of babysitters, this is only the third time we have been away from the kids since they were born so it was nice. We went and saw Get Smart at the movie theatre, it was hilarious, I laughed so hard almost the whole movie. It was not really a movie for kids though, it had some parts that were a little crude but it was still fun. It was nice to get away for just a little while and my mom and dad did a good job with baths and putting the kids to bed. We're glad they could come over and spend this time with us.

(At the zoo, Anthony is looking at a Snow Leopard, it was laying right against the glass so he could see it)








1 comment:
I am really glad you got to get out and relax for a while. And a date too!! WOW! I am sure your mom and dad had a great time and like to help when they are there, since they are 5 hours away.
Post a Comment