
I know that I don't very often post about spiritual things but I have been pondering over and over again something that we talked about in Sunday School yesterday. We were talking about Christ, the sacrifice that he made for us and about repentance. Our SS teacher told a story about his cousin who was a Mission President and having a difficult time. This MP went to a conference and was able to attend a session in the Temple with Elder Uchtdorf (had to look up the spelling for that one ;D) and as they entered the Celestial Room, Elder Uchtdorf (he wasn't President yet) gave each of them a hug and told them that he loved them. They had never met before but he was loved by this great man. The Mission President went back to his mission where he had been dealing with a young missionary who was having a rough time, the MP had been trying to decide whether to send him home and had actually threatened this a few times. The MP didn't send him home and he went on to serve a wonderful mission. The MP took the departing missionaries to the Temple one last time and as this Elder came through the veil, the MP gave him a hug and told him he loved him. The Elder thanked him for this and his patience and willingness to forgive and help him to become better. The Mission President later told our Sunday School teacher about these experiences and then offered this insight he had received: He said that as he was in the Temple telling this young man that he loved him, he had a vision of the Savior standing on the other side of the veil, waiting to tell him how much he loved him and how proud he is of him no matter what shortcomings or failures he may have had in his life, just that he loved him. Now I know that I probably messed up a few details of the story and didn't tell it as well as our SS teacher but I have been thinking about this story a lot since yesterday. I know that I am sooo far from perfect, I have so many shortcomings and weaknesses it would take at least a year to list them but I know that the Savior loves me and wants me to return to him. I tend to hold on to things and not repent as quickly as I should and how stupid am I not to take advantage of this glorious gift that I have been given by someone who loves and knows me? I hope that you all know of the Savior's unconditional love for you and that if we can only repent he will allow us into his presence forever.








4 comments:
Amen...nice to think about...
Thanks-that was a most wonoderful reminder. I try to remember that their is someone who loves me unconditionally and need reminded often.
That IS a nice reminder. A good picture to have in your head. :)
I love this post and it comes at a wonderful time in my life. Thanks so much for the reminder.
Post a Comment