Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A & E's First Birthday Party

Can you believe that my babies are already one (well, almost)? It has been so surreal, this year has seriously flown by, I swear it was yesterday we were driving home from the hospital with these two new, beautiful babies. My wonderful grandmother was gracious enough to allow us to use her house so we that we would have plenty of room for our special birthday party. We invited our family and friends over to help us celebrate this wonderful occasion. My cousin has a baby 7 days older than Anthony & Emily so we invited him to celebrate with us too. I decorated the dining room and my cousin made individual cakes for the babies. We stripped them down to their "birthday" suits (plus diaper) and let them have at the cakes. They were so cute, they had no idea what to do, I had to help them a little bit at first. Once A figured out what to do he had a lot of fun but E was very dainty and didn't actually really like the cake anyways, she kept spitting it out. Once they had had enough of cake eating, we took them to the bathroom, ran them through a quick hoseoff (where A peed on my friend Linda, which he has never done, sorry Linda ;D) and then got them dressed to open a few presents. We learned at Christmas that they really had no interest in presents so I guess it was okay that I had forgotten most of their presents and left them at home. I think everyone had a good time at the party and since it was mostly for Ben and I it was okay that the kids weren't super involved. Thanks to everyone who came and ate and enjoyed and thanks especially to my brother Shaun who let us preempt his birthday (which was actually on Saturday) to celebrate the babies' bday.


Decorated dining room:

Cake for everyone to eat:

Emily eating her cake:
Anthony eating his cake:

Emily ready to be done with the cake experience:

Anthony when he's done:

Opening present from Ben and I with help from Bryon & Grace:

3 comments:

Linda Gibbs said...

It was a great party!! It was a ton of fun and the girls had a great time too! And don't worry about the pee. :) Not the first and definitely not the last time. Besides, I just love the little buggar!

Jensen Memories said...

Looks like everyone had a great time. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE TWINS!

mandbrid said...

Happy Birthday Babies!