Our Family

Our Family

Monday, August 10, 2009

10 Years Ago...

two people fell in love! Well, okay so maybe we fell in love longer than 10 years ago but August 6th marked our 10 year anniversary. I know I'm a little late with posting but better late than never! I really can't believe it's been 10 years, time has gone by so fast. I remember being a kid and thinking that time was soooo slow and things never could happen fast enough but now I wish I could slow things down. I'll just give a quick history of Ben and I for those who may not know it. Ben and I started dating in November of 1998 and it didn't take more than a couple of dates before we were exclusive. At the time we were both working at Wal-Mart but he quit just after we got serious since I was technically considered a supervisor. We got engaged in February of 1999 and in April I finally met his parents who traveled from Dallas to Rexburg to meet their youngest son's fiance. We had originally planned a July wedding but decided to push it back to August since I had so much going on at work (I know seems silly now but it worked). We were married in the Idaho Falls Temple and had a reception in Rexburg with an open house planned but never executed in Dallas. Ben has been a great husband and now is an awesome daddy, I appreciate all he is willing to do for us!

This us us on our wedding day (oh, how I wish I still looked like that!!):
Us now:

3 comments:

Morgen said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys got married 11 days before us! I had no idea...guess I was too caught up in my own wedding world:)
for some reason I always thought you guys were quite a bit older than us and got married much earlier, hmmm, maybe it's cuz you were a supervisor..or just more mature:)

Jensen Memories said...

I remember going to your reception that night with Melissa and being so happy and excited for you. Congrats to you!! I love your wedding picture!!

J and D said...

Congrats! You 2 make such a darling couple! So fun to read about your past...
Heres to 10 great years and an eternity more of wedded bliss! =)