

I haven't done any good updates on the kids for awhile so here goes! We finally had our 18 month checkup a couple of days ago (they are 19 months tomorrow) and they are getting so big! Anthony now weighs 24 lbs (25th%), is 32 1/4" tall (50th%), and his head is in the 40th%. Emily weighs 24 lbs 5 ozs (45th%), is 32 1/2" tall (50th%), and her head is in the 10th%. Everyone always comments about how much bigger A is than E but as you can see that's not true, I think it's the head that makes the difference! They are growing so fast I can hardly keep up with them. They are also very different personality wise. We were recently able to put them in the Nursery at our church (hallelujah) and the people in there always comment about how calm E is and how she just plays whereas A has to be held most of the time and won't play. I guess I need to find someone and get in a playgroup to help acclimate him to other kids and adults. A loves to help out with everything, he throws the diapers away and helps unload the dishwasher and dryer. E loves to dance, any time we have music going she is just dancing away. They have both started singing along to songs, a couple of their favorites is the alphabet song and Old McDonald. They are much more aware of each other and have started fighting if the other has a toy or something that they want. E has also started giving hugs to A whenever he gets upset (which is all the time). A has got quite the temper and stomps his feet and bangs his head on the wall (which the doctor says is normal) so the Dr suggested we start teaching him words like anger and mad to help him verbally express himself. E is very low key and rarely gets upset. They both "talk" (babble) a lot but neither one of them says a lot of words. The Dr told us not to worry about this since twins don't necessarily follow the guidelines of when to talk, they have their own little way of communicating so hopefully we'll catch on soon. I'm not sure what else to put down so let me know if you want to know anything specific. I posted a couple of pics of them that aren't the best but since I lost most of them it's what I have for now. I will try and be diligent in taking lots of pics and will post some good ones soon!








No comments:
Post a Comment