Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Hard Lesson Learned


Last Friday a horrible thing happened...our computer crashed! Now I know that seems like such a minor thing in life but for me it was awful. How could I blog, how could I keep up with friends, how could I pay my bills (yeah, I pay everything online). I called around on Saturday and found a guy that charged a flat rate instead of by the hour and he also came that day. He was here for about 2 1/2 hours then ended up taking the computer with him. We had gotten a worm/virus which was systematically destroying files and programs. They were able to restore the computer to factory settings which means we basically have a new (6 year old) computer. All the programs we had would have to be put back on, all the documents we had stored were gone, all the music we've purchased is gone, and worst of all....all the pics and videos of the kids are gone. Luckily I had backed up pics and vids through about 13 months so we still have some but 6 months are gone. I still need to go through my blog and copy the pics and vids back to the desktop so we will have some but the reminders of so many important moments are gone.

So......here is the hard lesson learned: back up your files!!!!! Oh, and another lesson I learned: I depend way too much on technology!

No comments: