Sat, July 18th: This day was really the reason we went to Rexburg, it was my 15 year class reunion. I hadn't been able to attend my 5 or 10 year reunions so I was pretty excited to go. Unfortunately none of the people that I really hung out with in high school were there but it was fun to see people I haven't seen for 15 years. I was also able to confront some demons, lay some ghosts to rest, and get some closure on issues that have been stewing for a long, long time!
Mon, July 20: A decided today that he really likes shoes and needs to have them on all the time! When he wakes up he wants his shoes on and doesn't even want them off for a nap, silly boy. Grandma decided that we need to wean off of pacis while we are visiting so she started telling the babes that they can only have them when they are in bed...we'll see how it goes!
Tue, July 21: Went and visited my Grandma Michaelis in the nursing home. We got to see her last time we were there in May but she loves to see how big the kids are getting (and of course get visitors).
Wed, July 22: One of the best days of the trip!! I went down and helped my mom watch my aunt's triplets for awhile and then while my mom kept the babies, went and met my friends Linda, Julie, and Darla to see Harry Potter. I won't spill much about the movie in case you haven't seen it but I will say I was a little disappointed with the changes they felt they needed to make and the important scenes they left out! It was fun seeing the movie, Linda and I have a tradition that we see all the HP movies (except the 5th since I was very preggers) together and this time we got to include Julie and Darla who I haven't seen in forever!! After the movie we decided we couldn't possibly separate yet so we walked over to TGIFridays and shared a sampler plate and laughed and laughed. I miss having good friends to hang out with and laugh with so thanks gals for a great day! (The pic is the babies and the trips in the pool playing together with my mom)
Thu, July 23: Since I didn't get to spend much time visiting with my aunt Louise the day before, the babies and I went down to their house again to play. A & E had a lot of fun swimming and being outside with the other kids, I think maybe I need to get them together with more kids! A also got his first haircut today!! His hair was pretty long on top and in some places in the back so we decided it needed evened out a little bit and I was too chicken so Louise did it for me! It is soooo much better, still curly but cuter now that it's shorter. You can tell by the pic that he really enjoyed it...not! It took three sittings to get it done!
Fri, July 24/Sat, July 25: My mom drove us home today, she is so nice! Our 10 year anniversary is on Aug 6th but we decided that since we had a babysitter we would leave and stay somewhere for the night. This was my first night away from both babies so I was a little nervous but the stinkers proved again that they are just fine without me and had a great time with their grandma. We stayed at a B&B in Melba about 30 min from our house. It was called the Snake River Log B&B and it was great!! When we got there Arlene showed us around and then got us settled into our room and then provided us with a "snack tray" that served as our dinner, it was so huge! The next morning we had a wonderful breakfast that included dessert! It was way too much food so we bagged it up to bring it home and whoops, we had left it in the fridge there, dang it!! We had a great time and it was nice to be just the two of again for awhile but it was nice to get home to my babies too!
I think that's about it for the updating, I'm putting a pic of A with Grandpa and E with Grandma on the end. 









1 comment:
It was SO fun to hang out with you. Wish you lived closer!
Post a Comment