Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hawaii Pt.1

I am finally getting around to posting about our wonderful trip and decided that I would do it in two parts so here is part one!!

We left Boise on Friday, June 5th and flew to Oahu via Portland. We had a little struggle with the flying part, the babies got very bored on the flight from Portland to Honolulu and were also very tired but we finally got there and met up with Ben's sister Kate. After getting lei ed (sorry, I've always wanted to say it) with the beautiful (and real) flowers Kate had brought us we made our way to their house.

The babies at the Honolulu airport:
Our leis:

On Saturday we went to the Children's Discovery Center and then to a park right next to it where we had a picnic and attempted to take a family picture (didn't work so well!) That was also the only place that I saw surfers! On Sunday we went to Sacrament meeting and then hung out with Kate, Pete, and their kids, Brooklyn & Jett. A & E loved Brooklyn & Jett from the first, they followed them around everywhere, which I don't think Jett appreciated too much! We hadn't seen the Feider family since Brooklyn was 2 (I think) and had never met Jett so it was great to see them all!

On Monday, Jett wasn't feeling too well so Kate gave us her car and we went to the Ko'Olina Resort and played in one of the lagoons that they have there. It was the babies' first experience not only on a beach but with water that is not in the bathtub so it took a bit for them to get excited about it but they ended up having fun. We sat on the shore and let the shallow waves wash over us. Ben had fun snorkeling and I tried but couldn't get past the panic attacks enough to enjoy it. On Tuesday, Jett was feeling better so Kate took us to a beach park where she and Ben could do some more snorkeling. The babies and I just played in the shallow water again and also played in the sand. Here is a pic of Ben in snorkel gear:

The babies actually did so much better with the time change than I ever thought they would! It was a little rough the first morning when they woke up @ 5:00 am but since that would actually have been sleeping in for them we got over it! A could get pretty crabby if he got a little hungry or tired but E handled the change much better. Well, I guess that's about it for the first part of our trip. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to post the rest of our vacay!

2 comments:

Linda Gibbs said...

Jealous!!! But glad you had a good time! You guys deserve a vacation!

ahners said...

Thanks for sharing your blog! Your kids are SOOO cute and the pictures you took on your trip are really good!