Our Family

Our Family

Friday, June 19, 2009

Hawaii Pt 2

I am finally getting around to posting the rest of our trip!
On Wednesday we went to the huge swap meet they have at the stadium because we wanted to find matching Hawaiian outfits for the kids again. It was pretty hot & stupid me, I forgot the sunscreen so we tried to hurry through and not be there for too long. We did find a couple of cute outfits but they are in size 4T so it will be awhile before we can wear them! We also got matching t-shirts for Ben and I and the kids have matching t-shirts. There was a lot of fun stuff for great deals so I thought we did pretty well to limit our time and thus our spending!! Later that evening we went to a sandbar Kate had found on Hickam Air Force base. We were lucky that Kate has a military ID and could get into this great beach!! This is where we took the great pics that I posted two posts back. The beach was really nice because there were tiny waves so the babies could have lots of fun playing in the water...plus it was really warm!
Having fun splashing each other:
Sunset on the beach:

On Thursday we went to the Polynesian Cultural Center (you have to right? you can't go to Hawaii without going there!) We didn't get there until later so we didn't get to see much of the villages but we had a great time at the luau. Well, when we could finally get the babies some food, we did. I had thought we had plenty of treats in the bag only to find they had been taken out before we left home, oops! We went to the great show they have after dinner but unfortunately Anthony had had enough by this time & I had to go walk him around just after it started and we left at intermission which meant we missed the best part...the fire dancers!! Oh, well, better to have happy kids!
Ben & the kids at the luau:
A pic of our family taken in front of the Honolulu LDS Temple:
On Friday ended up going to Hanauma Bay which has great snorkeling. Ben had fun seeing all the fish but didn't get to see any sea turtles! Unfortunately Emily had had enough of beaches and oceans and cried the whole time we were there. It didn't help that it was a windy, cold (for Hawaii) day. We took our niece Brooklyn with us so she floated around in the ocean until it was time to go, good thing she's such a good girl! It was a beautiful spot and had the day been a little nicer I think we could have had lots of fun. We were flying home on Saturday but didn't leave until almost 11:00 so we took advantage of Kate & Pete's offer to watch the kids so we could go and enjoy Pearl Harbor (click the word to link to a great site about it). I'm glad we didn't have the kids with us because they would not have enjoyed it, it was such a great experience for us though. I don't know but I have always been fascinated by it and was so glad we could go and see the USS Arizona and also walk through the little museum they have there.
I took this pic from the shore so it's pretty distant but if you follow the link above they have a great pic of the memorial:
We are so grateful to the Feider family for allowing us the opportunity to come and visit them, I don't know that we would have ever made it over there if they wouldn't have been there! Thanks for putting up with crying kids and crazy schedules! We love you and miss you already!

1 comment:

Jensen Memories said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time. Glad you made back safe.