Today the worst thing (well, maybe not "the" worst but something close) happened to me. I got locked out of my house!!! Yes, I was outside and my babies were inside. I had gone out into the garage for a minute and the door swung shut behind me. Usually it's not locked but today it was. I was not happy and said some not so nice words. I went and knocked on the neighbors door and thank goodness someone was home and I actually remembered Ben's work number. I told him he had to come home right now and that he better speed (with no traffic it takes him about 30 min to get to work). The babies had been sleeping when I went out and I prayed that they would stay that way but Emily woke up and started screaming and continued to scream until Ben got home. The cat kept jumping up in the window looking at me like "why are you out there, get in here and take care of this". This was an absolutely horrible experience, I don't think I have ever felt so helpless in all of my life. The only good thing that happened was that I got some weeding done while I was locked out (I also got attacked by ants). Oh and did I mention that I was out there in a t-shirt, sweats, and no shoes? Thank goodness this day is over with no major catastrophes!!!
5 comments:
Oh, no! That is a horrible, helpless feeling. I wish I could say that will be the worst that will happen, but you know how life throws curve balls! With 2 the same age, they will think of lots of things to make you crazy! Trust ME!! But we love them and they can be so cute! (Good thing for them)
I'm so sorry that happened! How awful. The good thing is that Emily won't remember; the bad thing is you will! Hide a keys are great (if you can remember where you put them!)
Ok, where is my picture? You gotta email the header pic to me. It's adorable!
Me too! Me too! I love it! It is so perfect and they look so happy!
Shannon, am I the only one who thinks it's hilarious that you got some weeding done while locked out of the house? That cracked me up when I read it. Way to make the best of a bad situation.
Post a Comment