When we took the kids for their 1 yr exam last month, the doctor picked up a murmer in Anthony's heart. If you remember I posted last July that she had heard one in Emily and that we went to the Ped. Cardiologist and it was okay. Our Pediatrician said she thought A's sounded like it was probably innocent but it wouldn't hurt to have it checked out so after a month of debating in our heads I called E's heart doc today. I called at about 10:50 and they told me that if we could be there by 11:45 we could have the 12:00 appt. The kids were still in their jammies and taking a nap but I thought, hey, less than an hour, sure we can make it work. I jumped in the shower and had just enough time to comb my hair and throw on a little makeup. I hurried & packed the diaper bag, got the kids up from thier naps, put them in the car and away we went. We got there @ 11:44!! A was such a good boy as they did the ultrasound of his heart and E just hung out in the stroller. The doc came and listened to his heart and here's what she told us...he has a Venus Hum. What??? Here's a link to a
website that explains what it is (or check
this one out). She said he may grow out of it or he may just live with it the rest of his life. I think it's crazy that we hae picked up murmers in both of my kids but am soooooo grateful that that is the worst we have had, we have been so lucky and so blessed.
2 comments:
Sure glad it is just an innocent murmer and not too much to worry about. I wonder if you had one of those?? I wonder how many of the others have them but haven't been picked up.
I'm so glad it isn't too serious! =) Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. You've always been so kind to us.
Post a Comment