Our Family

Our Family

Monday, May 12, 2008

My 1st Mother's Day

Happy (Belated) Mother's Day to all you mothers out there! My very first mother's day went very well. It started with breakfast in bed and then a shower (yeah!) and then a mad dash to get ready for church (for which we were a few minutes late). Ben had planned to cook this nice steak dinner with baked potatoes and fresh asparagus but at church the Relief Society president invited over to her house for a bbq so we decided to go ahead and do that. Her son and daughter-in-law had suprise twins so they are no stranger to multiples. When we got home from church I decided that a nap was in order so Emily and I went and laid down and then Ben decided maybe he and Anthony should join us. I was feeling a little crowded so I went and laid on the couch but not before I took a nice little picture. For Mother's Day Ben and the kids made me the cutest little cards, he put their hands and feet in paint and then put them on paper. The feet worked really well but the hands not so much, it was still really cute though. On the inside he posted little pictures of the babies. He also gave me some money so that when my mom comes at Memorial Day we can do a little shopping. Well, better get busy again while Anthony and Emily are asleep.

1 comment:

Linda Gibbs said...

That picture of Ben and the kids is so sweet! I love it! You will love looking at that later when they are older. Glad your day went so well.