Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Bad Bugs!

Warning: This post may be graphic for some readers!!

A couple of weeks ago Ben was going out of town for a week so the kids and I decided to pack up and go surprise Grandma since she had been really down whenever I had talked to her. We got there on Sunday night, she was ecstatically surprised and we settled in for a few days of fun. We went to my aunt's on Tuesday to help her can beans since my mom had some to do as well and she was not feeling well, we were afraid something was really wrong since she said her insides felt like they were going to explode. Well, the next day she woke up with the flu. We had made plans to go to Rigby Lake but obviously that was out. I offered to come and take her kids but she said they were fine. So on Thursday morning, about 3:30 am, I woke up and went into the bathroom where I proceeded to literally explode out both ends, at the same time. Luckily my mom heard and was able to be just fast enough to get a bucket to me but I will tell you I have never been that sick before, it was awful!! I was up about every 1/2 hour and tried to sleep in between but didn't get that much rest. Mom helped as much as she could since she is not exactly the most mobile person right now. I'm actually lucky that we were there when it happened, I'm not sure I could have handled it on my own. My aunt, feeling totally guilty, came over later and took the kids for awhile so I could rest. I was trying not to sleep too much because I wanted to sleep really good that night. We were supposed to head home on Friday. I was not eating or drinking because it was going right through so getting a little dehydrated which was frustrating. A had started acting a little "off" that night so I put a bucket in the bedroom just in case and went to take a hot salt and vinegar bath. I hadn't been in long when I heard "that" awful sound and E shouting for mommy so I tried to hurry and towel off but I was too late. A had thrown up all over the bed and E's special bear. She had gotten the bucket under him and gotten some of it so we cleaned him and the bed up and got them settled back in for a long night. He threw up a bit more, I was glad it was throw up and not the other end though which is harder to deal with in kids. His only lasted about 12 hours and he was over it though. I didn't eat for about 4 days. We drove back on Saturday and got back 2 minutes before we had to pick Ben up. E caught it on Sunday and was sick for about 12 hours then was fine. Ben caught it yesterday but is doing better today, guess I'm the lucky one that is not so resilient since it takes me a week to get over it. Hopefully we don't catch it again but I'm not counting any chickens!!

No comments: