Our Family

Our Family

Monday, August 20, 2012

Poor Grandma...

Warning: Graphic picture below!!

I'm behind...again, grrr! I was doing pretty good but then life caught up to me so I will play catch up again. On July 31, I got a phone call from my aunt saying that they were loading my mom into an ambulance. I was like, ok, um, what do I need to do? Turns out they were at my Grandma's timeshare in Driggs and had gone for a bike ride. Mom and one of the kids crashed and mom went down, fracturing her hip (which is totally an old person injury, ha, ha). It was pretty traumatic for everybody that day and I spent a lot of time on the phone. Thankfully my in-laws were coming to visit us the next week so I didn't worry about leaving for a few days to go and help mom and dad. Mom had to have surgery and had 3 pins put in her hip and can't put any weight on it for 6 weeks (she uses a walker and crutches). She's been having a rough time since she's always been pretty independent and used to going all the time. Unfortunately, she was supposed to go and visit my brothers 3 days after all this happened which she didn't, of course, get to do! She has three weeks left of "down time" but the doctor said it would be about 3 months until she was really back to normal. Ben is out of town again this week so the kids and I decided to come and suprise her with a visit. She was pretty excited to see us and the kids were excited to see her. We'll help her out around the house a little and help her with some shopping and then head home at the end of the week!

Mom's hip after the surgery.

1 comment:

Riddlez said...

Poor Grandma! I bet she hates being laid up. Hope she's got lots of good books and movies to pass the time.