Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, March 14, 2010

My Take on Multiples Questions

So when you're a parent of multiples you get asked a lot of silly questions. I mean some of them make a little sense but really some of them are kind of duh questions. Here's my personal answers to some of those commonly asked questions:

1. Are your twins identical? Ummmm, I have boy/girl twins so yeah, no they are not. If you need me to pull down the diaper to show the difference I suppose I could do that. And yeah, they are pretty easy to tell apart since they are not identical, they actually look really different.

2. Are they natural? Well, I carried them for 37 weeks in my humongous stomach so it's not like they were born in a dish or anything. Actually this is a question that I don't mind answering that they were conceived with "help" but were not "test-tube" babies.

3. Do twins run in your family? Maybe...a ways off. See above answer for further specifics. My aunt has a set of triplets and we have twins but again, they were all conceived with help.

4. You must really have your hands full? This one could be a valid question I suppose. Being that our first were twins, we really don't know any different. I mean, we're busy but what mom with more than one kid isn't?!

I'm sure there are others but these are the main ones we get asked. Feel free to ask more if you want or throw your two cents in! We love to hear from ya!


2 comments:

J and D said...

LOL I love it!

Cathy said...

You are so good!!! Glad to see you are feeling better and able to post again. I miss it too!!! Love you. Grateful for the "help" so you were able to get those two precious little angels.