My wonderful, fabulous sister-in-law Shauna has been sick for awhile and didn't really know what was wrong, it was just kind of not feeling well. She ended up in the hospital last week and today was diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma. I don't know much about it but from what I have read it's not good. I think there is only a 15-20% survival rate and that is after heavy and intense treatment. She doesn't know much yet but she will have to have surgery to try and remove some of it and then have radiation and oral chemo. She will be in for a rough ride but she is definitely a fighter and if anyone can beat it, she will. I ask all my wonderful friends and family to join us in prayers on her behalf that the Father's will in this matter be done. It is hard living so far away and not being able to be there for her but we will offer up all the prayers we can and help her that way!
2 comments:
Oh my gosh. I am so sorry. Thoughts and prayers are definitely with you. Don't forget you can call the Temple and ask for her to be added to the prayer roll. Hang in there.
Shannon-When my mom went thru her Cancer and treatments, I also had a hard time being away from her. I was the only child not there and it was very hard for me. Your and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. I know that His will will be done.
Post a Comment