Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Wellness Challenge

As many of you know I am on a quest! A quest to loose a ton (no, not literally) of weight. I have lost 30 pounds already this year and have a goal to lose 50 more. I was doing really good at first, those first 20 lbs came off pretty fast and easily. The next 10 were a little more stubborn but still came off. I have recently hit a plateau and no weight has been coming off and I have been a little frustrated. When I first started taking the weight off I had the incentive of a fitness challenge at my gym, I didn't win but it was still fun and challenging. I recently got an email from a lady in my ward telling me about a wellness challenge she was hosting and wondering if I could help spread the word since I host the ward Relief Society blog. I decided right then that I was joining her challenge because I knew it was what I needed!! I need accountability, I need a goal, I need someone to work on this with me so I talked my mom and best friend Linda into doing it with me also!! My first week I got 67 out of 70 points. Not too bad! There are 10 goals you work on every day and you get a point for completed each goal every day. You do get a free point for each goal each week so you do have a "cheat day". The site for this challenge is http://youcanbethebestyou.blogspot.com/p/blog.html in case you want to check it out for yourself. I'm excited to do this!!!! Oh, and before you think I am totally bummed about the weight thing...I have been going to the gym 3-4 times a week and can now fit into clothes I was wearing pre-pregnancy! Yay muscle, boo-yah!!

1 comment:

Riddlez said...

Great job! It's so much work but it does feel great. Keep us posted. Miss you!