So, we've been potty training for awhile and I wish I could say it has magically come together but unfortunately it hasn't. There are so many different opinions on the "right & wrong" things to do that we've just decided to do what works for us. They love wearing underpants and, of course, our goal is to go with no accidents all day. If they can do that, they get a sticker and when they have 7 stickers they get a great prize. Seems easy right? Um, yeah, no, it's not!! A is doing pretty well, he is up to 4 stickers now and will go and get on the potty by himself and will even go poop on the potty. He still has his bad days though and our rule is after the second accident you have to wear a diaper. I give them the option in the morning of wearing underpants or a diaper and most of the time they choose underpants. I've heard once you've put underpants on them they should never wear another diaper but you know what? Choices seem to work well for us and if they can choose underpants they seem to do better and have less accidents. E is doing pretty well also except that she will only use one certain little potty we have and refuses to go poop on the potty which leads to some pretty gross underpants. She wore underpants to church today and didn't have an accident so that's promising I suppose. She only has 3 stickers and can't seem to get any further. It's almost time for a diaper so hopefully in the next 1/2 hour or so we don't have any accidents and can get another sticker!!
No comments:
Post a Comment