This year, I got busy/lazy and neglected to put any Christmas lights on the outside of the house. So the other night I was driving the kids around to look at lights in other neighborhoods, and E kept saying things like, "There's no lights on E's house" or similar-worded observation. She made comments about not having lights on her house about a half-dozen times during the trip. Then tonight after I took the kids out for burgers and fries at "Five Guys Burgers" (my new favorite place in town), we were driving down a main road and I noticed one of those mega-lighted houses (the ones where they must have taken out a 2nd mortgage to pay the electric bill) on a side street, so we turned in and drove slowly past the house. A oohed and aahed about the Santa Claus and the Manger scene, and then E piped up and said, "there's no lights on my house". Ok E - message received - next year, big Christmas light display at the Rogers' house!
P.S. "I" is Ben...just sayin :)
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
1 week ago








No comments:
Post a Comment