Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tuesday and Wednesday

On Tuesday we went into Frisco and met up with Ben's sister Holly before she had to go to work. Unfortunately we didn't get to spend too much time with her but at least we got to see her and visit a little bit.After going for some lunch we headed to Sachse were we stopped to see Ben's nephews (and ex-sister-in-law) for a bit and then headed to his brother Jared's house. On the way to Jared's house we stopped at the cemetery where Ben's sister Shauna is buried. I am very glad we got to stop because it gave me a chance to say goodbye. I wasn't able to go to the funeral so I don't think it really felt real to me but I finally had the chance to see it and let it sink in. Ben's mom made this plaque for the grave since there's not a headstone yet and I'm glad she did, it is very nice.


After our stop at the cemetery we headed to Jared's and there A found his heaven. Jared runs an acoustic guitar forum and has lots and lots of guitars (many of which happened to be out) so the minute we walked in A was in awe. He loves guitars (actually musical instruments of all kinds) so he walked around in a bit of a daze. I was a little concerned cause he kept trying to touch everything and I know some of the guitars are worth a lot. Jared took pity on the babies and took them up to a loft where he has an electric drum set (which, if our kids take an interest in drums we will be buying), an electric guitar, and a keyboard with amps everywhere. He cranked up the amps and let the kids go and play to their hearts content which was actually a long time! It was hard getting them to leave it! We finally headed home where the kids were very tired and went right to bed (yay)! I have a video of them "rockin out" but it won't load so I'll have to try and load it another day.

On Wednesday we went to the Frank Buck Zoo in Gainesville. It was a pretty interesting zoo and not very big so the kids were able to walk the whole zoo without getting tired. I felt bad for some of the animals cause they were in small cages, which I guess they are trying to change, but there were some really cool exhibits too. They had an African savannah which was wide open and the zebras, giraffes, ibex, and ostriches could just roam around free together.


They also had a pretty big space for the kangaroos to hop around in. They had a three-toed sloth, which is one of my favorite animals, but it was in a glass enclosure and with the way the sun glared you really couldn't see him. After we walked around the zoo, we went and played on the big playground for a bit and then headed home.

No comments: