Now, I bet you're wondering where was I during this fun outing? I was hanging out with Ben's mom because we were going to Time Out For Women that night. It just happened to be on the weekend that we were leaving and one of Sandy's friends couldn't go on Friday night so I bought her ticket and went. It was so great, very uplifting and even though I had gone in Boise just a few weeks before, I needed it. Michael McLean was the featured musician and I seriously adore him, I loved listening to his songs and stories. Mark Mabry, who did Reflections of Christ, was there as well as Virginia Hinkley Pearce, who were also inspiring. When we got there I just happened to be in the right place at the right time and ran into my aunt, Leisa, who we hadn't gotten to visit. It was so great to see her and be able to sit by her and catch up with her!!
On Saturday we drove into Dallas and visited with Ben's brother, Cory, for a little bit before we had to fly out and then his sister, Holly, came to visit for a few minutes. We flew home without any delays this time which was nice and once again I got several compliments on how well my kids traveled. The only eventful thing on this trip was when E refused to walk down the aisle in the plane and insisted on being carried which neither Ben or I could do because our hands were full so one of the flight attendants picked her up and carried her off the plane for me and E snuggled right into her shoulder and didn't want to be put down! I could finally pick her up so it worked out all right and then we went and met our neighbor Chris at the baggage claim and came home and went to bed! It was a really good trip and my only regret was that it wasn't longer and we didn't get to visit everyone we wanted to. I guess we could have tried but it would have left us with no downtime and we have learned that if we are on the go all the time, it's just no fun. Thanks Milt and Sandy for letting us come and visit and accommodating us so willingly!!








No comments:
Post a Comment