Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Ben's "Staycation"

So I'm a little behind but trying to catch up- about a month ago (?) Ben took a week off of work to work in the yard and do some landscaping. They had put a thin layer of bark down when they put in the "flower beds" but we didn't really like it so we decided to put rock in instead. By we I mean Ben by the way, he was awesome and did the majority of the work with some "help" from A and E. He put some weed barrier down, put plastic trim around the border and then put the rock in. We had to have the rock delivered (times like these we really miss the truck!!) and they were supposed to call before they delivered but they didn't and ended up trapping his car in the garage. Good thing he didn't have to go to work! He also had 3 trees planted in the backyard and I am so glad we paid a little extra and had the nursery plant them, I don't think I could have helped much, they looked very heavy! They look very nice and once they've grown a bit should give nice shade in the backyard. While he was home I was able to enjoy a little "me" time since he was good to watch the kids. I went to Harry Potter (yes, again) and the dentist, and no I didn't have any cavities or anything, they said it looked great. Here are some pics of the yard!
Before:
After:

1 comment:

Riddlez said...

Looks great, guys! I'm sure you'll love those trees next Spring.