I have served in the Primary as the Sunbeam teacher for the last 2 years. For those that don't attend my church, that means I have taught 4 year old boys and girls for the past 2 years. I have had anywhere from 4-10 kids every week (well, except the weeks I was gone). Before that I was in Nursery with the kids so it has been a few years since I have been able to go to any adult classes. It has been a great experience serving with these little kids but boy have I been ready for a change. With my own kids going into this age group I have really felt like my time would be better served somewhere else and thank goodness someone else felt the same way. On Christmas I was released as a Sunbeam teacher and called as a Relief Society Historian. My main function in this calling will be to keep all the sisters in the ward informed about what's going on in the ward. I am also to start a Relief Society blog, ironic, I know. I am hoping it will help encourage me to update mine a little more often since I will have to update that one at least weekly. I am excited for this new calling and it should help me get out of my comfort zone a little bit more and be a little more social!
2 comments:
Yay! I didn't know about your calling since I haven't been at church for a few weeks! That will be awesome!
Primary (wonderful as it is) is the great abyss! It sucks you in and you don't see anyone but your kids. So happy for you!
Post a Comment