Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, July 11, 2010

4th of July weekend

Last weekend we went to Rexburg for the weekend of the 4th. We started out our weekend with family pictures on Saturday morning. We haven't had a family picture with my parents and brothers for several years and my brother is leaving at the end of July for the Army so my mom really wanted a new pic. My uncles step-son is a photographer and did the pics for us and I think they are going to turn out nice! I'll post a couple as soon as we have them. We all went to the parade and for the most part the kids enjoyed it. Unfortunately as soon as we got there my nephew threw up but then we realized that there was a children's consignment store right there so we jogged over and got him some new clothes for next to nothing, it was great! After the parade Ben took the kids home while my mom and I ran to the grocery store for a few things. Later in the afternoon we all went to my aunt Louise's house for a party. The kids played to their heart's content so it was great. All of the cousins had fun playing together and it's nice for them to all be able to get together. Some of my greatest memories as a kid were when all of the extended family would get together and eat and play games. On Sunday, my brother and sis-in-law blessed their brand new baby boy, Dageus Jack (I think that's how it's spelled, it sounds like Vegas only with a D). He is the absolute spitting image of my brother, right down to the cowlick on his forehead, it's so funny! He is adorable and I got to do lots of holding so it was great.

No comments: